- Clear and concise visual references and/or description of a commission idea must be provided by the Client.
- The Client agrees to indemnify and hold the Artist harmless against any and all claims, costs, and expenses, including attorney’s fees, due to materials included in the commission at the request of the Client for which no copyright permission or privacy release was requested, or for which uses exceed the uses allowed pursuant to a permission or release.
- The artist will not handle depiction of sexually explicit (x-rated) materials, body horror, and hateful images. When it comes to non-explicit fetish, violence, blood, work will be considered on a case-by-case basis. The Artist reserves the right to reject any commission for any reason.
- Displayed base prices are subject to change according to the complexity, difficulty, size and medium of each individual commission. Payments for Commissions valued at $75 and under must be made up front in full before preliminary work begins.
- For commissions over $75 I price on an individual basis and ask for 50% payment upfront, with the remainder to be paid in full before final delivery of artwork can be made.
- For commissions over $75 the Client will have the opportunity to direct alterations of their commission in a thumbnail sketch stage. I will present three to five loose thumbnail sketches from which a client may choose before I refine the drawing. No more than five thumbnails revisions (or equal in terms of small alterations) will be made unless the Client wishes to pay extra for new thumbnails. Critique and corrections for commissions above $75 are welcome to ensure the best result. Commissions under said price are considered as small works, and do not receive a thumbnail sketch stage or chances for revisions. These stages can be added for pieces over $20 upon request for an extra fee.
- The Artist reserves the right to reject critique and changes pertaining to artistic skill or style preference (i.e. anatomy, coloring style, etc.) if said critique reduces the artistic quality of the piece.
- I am happy to refund any commission purchase within 24 hours of first payment.
- For commissions $50 and over: if the Client wishes to cancel their commission during the sketch stage they will be refunded 50% of what they paid.
- For commissions $50 and over: if the Client wishes to cancel their commission during or after the coloring stage they will not be issued a refund.
- The Artist will not discuss a commission with a client via public forum, instant messenger, text message, phone, or private note. Communications about commissions between Client and Artist will be made only through (firstname.lastname@example.org) to ensure all information and communications are consolidated in one location.
- The Artist reserves the right to issue a refund and cancel a commission due to poor communication, rude or inappropriate behavior, inability to communicate in effective English.
- The Artist ensures the Client will receive email updates on commission when necessary. Clients are encouraged to check in when they feel it’s necessary for updates, assurance or reminders.
Copyright & Other Information
- The Artist retains the right to display all commissioned work on any personal or public website, gallery, or blog. If the commissioned work is a time-sensitive gift the Artist may delay public showcase at the request of the Client.
- The Artist retains ALL the rights to the commissioned artwork, including the right to make prints and merchandise.
- The Client retains all rights to their respective characters. This does not allow them reproduction rights to the commissioned image.
- The Client may not profit from the artwork beyond the resale of a physical original painting or drawing (traditional media, not digital). This includes the sale of digital files, prints, merchandise, or rights to the image.
- The Client cannot alter the artwork itself.
- The Client may upload the artwork to their personal website or gallery, but credit is required, and it may not be any high resolution or unwatermarked version of the artwork.
- Copyrights for a commissioned image are negotiable for an additional fee.
- The Artist may recycle sketches and preparatory works that were rejected by the Client for other commissions or personal works.
The Client must read, understand and agree to all the above terms before entering into an agreement with the Artist. By sending payment, the Client agrees to the above terms.